No kitchen is complete without a working garbage disposal. Without one, you’re libel to spend way more time cleaning up and shoving food into your trash can. That’s why when you notice your garbage disposal is on the fritz, you should call an experienced plumber right away. With professional repair and maintenance, you can keep your garbage disposal running smoothly for years, and help keep your kitchen clean at every meal.
Signs your garbage disposal needs to be repaired include:
- It won’t turn on: The most obvious sign you need to call a plumber is if your garbage disposal won’t turn on. First, make sure the electrical wiring is working correctly. Once you know it’s not an issue with the switch, schedule an appointment with a technician right away.
- It doesn’t work well: An efficient garbage disposal will shred food remains fast and thoroughly. Although there are some leftovers you should never put down a garbage disposal, a well-maintained unit will be able to break down most foods with ease. If your device isn’t up to par, call a plumber to replace your blades and check the speed.
- It always needs to be reset: Resetting your garbage disposal is the most likely outcome of the above problems. However, if you find your equipment needs to be reset again and again, you’re going to want to call a plumber to identify the underlying issue.
- It makes loud noises: While no one would describe the average garbage disposal as quiet, there are some noises even a garbage disposal shouldn’t make. Call a plumber to make sure your grates are aligned correctly and there’s not an obstruction causing all that racket.
- It smells bad: Although a little bleach goes a long way in eliminating gross smells from food waste, persistent odors coming from your garbage disposal may indicate a larger issue. Any plumber worth their salt will be able to remove old food particles from your garbage disposal’s crevices and clean the pipes to get rid of that nasty stench.
Contact Moe Plumbing Services
At Moe Plumbing Services, our Los Angeles plumbers repair garbage disposals and much, much more. From high-pressure hydrojetting to heater and furnace tune-ups, our technicians will handle your home service projects with care and precision. We also handle big properties, working for Disneyland, The Staples Center, Griffith Observatory, and more. From the tiniest repairs to the largest overhauls, our company treats every customer the same. Since 1927, we have been serving the Los Angeles area with pride. Today, we have almost 180 employees, all with 15-20 years of experience and at least 5 years of training. Ask anyone who’s hired us and they’ll tell you, when you need plumbing/HVAC service that goes above and beyond, you go with Moe Plumbing Services.
Contact us online to schedule an appointment, or call now at (818) 396-8002 for same-day service.