Although Los Angeles residents have seen a lot of rain lately, Californians know how dry this state can get, too. That’s why when it comes to using water, and using your plumbing system specifically, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
As climate change continues to have a huge impact on California, resulting in droughts one year and flooding the next, our experts at Moe Plumbing Services are here to help protect your plumbing and HVAC system through it all. One of the ways we do that is through water conservation. Read about the benefits of conservation below, and contact our Los Angeles plumbers for all your plumbing and HVAC-related needs.
Benefits of Water Conservation Include:
- It saves energy: Studies have shown that in the state of California alone, 6.5% of all energy costs are devoted to the transfer of water. By practicing conservation, your home will benefit from having to exude as much energy on heating, pumping, and treating water. This will not only benefit your property in the long-run, but also benefit you month to month, because…
- It saves money: The less water you use, the lower your water bill will be. Wasting water may not sound like a big deal on a day-to-day basis, but it can cost a lot of money overtime. The more water you conserve, the less you’ll spend, and the happier you’ll be!
- It helps your community: Reduced water usage cuts sewer service costs. Some utilities also offer financial incentives for less wastewater. And new water supply and wastewater treatment facilities are less necessary when everyone is doing their part to conserve. While homeowners will always have to worry about some water bills, the fact is that it may be possible to lower municipal costs if people collectively reduce water usage
- It protects drinking water and reduces health risks: The more water we waste as a society, the greater demand there is for water across the board. This increased demand can result in unclean or polluted water being pumped in with our freshwater sources, which can lead to serious health risks. By practicing conservation, we reduce the chances of consuming water infected with pollutants.
- It’s good for the environment: This is the benefit of water conservation you’ve probably heard the most about, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth talking about again. When you practice water conservation in your home, you can feel good knowing that you’re helping local streams, wetlands, and other aquatic environments. You can pat yourself on the back for cutting down on pollution, and reducing the level of fuel resources which take a toll on the ecosystem. And you can take satisfaction in knowing you played a small part in minimizing the impact of water shortages and droughts which have devastating consequences across the country and around the world.
Contact Moe Plumbing Services Today
At Moe Plumbing Services, our Los Angeles plumbers are committed to innovation. We want you to know all the latest methods and tricks to maximize the efficiency of your plumbing and HVAC systems. From conservation to other energy-saving tips, our goal is for you to get the most out of your equipment, while spending as little as possible.
Call (818) 396-8002 now to schedule service, or contact us online for more information.