Garbage Disposal Maintenance and Repair
Call Our Los Angeles Plumbing Experts at (818) 396-8002
Garbage disposals are an often overlooked and underappreciated household necessity. The blades will often wear down after about five years. However, a few maintenance tips can keep your disposal operating at maximum efficiency longer and keep your kitchen from experiencing stoppages. The following steps will keep the blades, rotating assemblies, and grinding chamber clean which grinds food more effectively minimizing drain blockages and foul odor from food debris.
Here's what you need to do to clean your garbage disposal:
- Gather 1 tray of ice cubes, the peel from 1 lemon cut into 4 pieces, and 1/4 cup of scouring powder (Comet, Ajax, etc.)
- Put the cleanser and half the lemon peel into the disposal
- Dump the ice tray into the disposal filling it to the rubber splash guard
- Turn on the cold water side of the faucet allowing a small steady stream of water to drain into the disposal
- Turn on the disposal and allow the ice to be ground up in the grinding chamber of the disposal
- Once the majority of the ice has shattered and the disposal sounds clear, put the last half of the lemon peel in the disposal
- Turn the water on full blast rinsing the disposal and drain line
If you are experiencing problems with your garbage disposal or perhaps your kitchen sink keeps clogging, do not hesitate to contact us. We will troubleshoot and fix the problem quickly.
The Experience to Get the Job Done
Since 1927, our company has been providing Los Angeles residents with the best possible services at a reasonable rate. We know what kind of problems can occur from a broken garbage disposal. It is our goal to make sure you do not have to deal with the aftermath of a broken garbage disposal and allow your kitchen sink to run smoothly.
Moe Plumbing Services has technicians who have been on staff for more than a decade and all of our technicians are fully trained after going through a five-year apprenticeship program. They are not learning on the job here. We set them up for success and with the abilities to take care of all your plumbing needs.
Schedule your service today. Call (818) 396-8002.