Trusted Water Heater Repair & Replacement in Los Angeles
Family-Owned & Locally Trusted in the San Fernando Valley Since 1927
Many people don't pay attention to their water heaters, but they are, in some ways, the unsung heroes of your home. When you need fast water heater repair, replacement, or maintenance in the Los Angeles area, there's one name to remember: Moe Plumbing Services. Established in 1927 in Glendale with a goal to provide the best service possible, we always aim to show up on time and on schedule, be recognized for our integrity, and treat everyone fairly and with dignity. We have been trusted by countless residential and commercial clients who need new water heaters or other plumbing services to make sure their current tank runs up to par. Because our water heater repair team also recognizes that emergencies can happen, we remain available around the clock for emergency service on nights and weekends.
If you need water heater repair or installation service in Los Angeles, call (818) 396-8002 to get started.
Signs Your Hot Water Heater May Need Repair
If your water heater suddenly fails or begins functioning improperly, you and your family may be left with only cold water. To ensure you always have hot water readily available, it is important to remain aware of signs that your water heater unit is in need of repair.
Call for water heater repair immediately if you notice any of the following:
Lack of Hot Water. If your unit is not producing hot water or inadequately producing hot water, this is a sign that your water heater needs to be repaired. A water heater could fail for reasons such as broken heating elements, failed thermo-couplings, or an improperly programmed thermostat.
Strange Noises. If you hear odd noises coming from the inside of your water heater tank, this can be a sign of buildup on the inside of the tank. Alternatively, a damaged heating element can be noisy as they begin to burn out. If you hear strange noises coming from your unit, get in touch with our plumbing team right away.
Puddles on the Floor Near Your Water Heater. If you notice puddles on the ground near your water heater, this is most likely a sign that there is a crack in your unit. The most important thing you can do it immediately shut off the electrical supply to the water heater and contact an experienced plumber from our team right away.
If you notice signs of a broken or improperly functioning water heater, we urge you to call our team at Moe Plumbing Services right away. We can efficiently assess the root cause of your water heater problems and provide immediate solutions.
Should You Repair Or Replace Your Water Heater?
If your water heater malfunctions and fails to provide hot water, it can be extremely inconvenient, not to mention dangerous. Water heaters can become damaged or break over time, causing water damage and flooding to your home. Thus, it is important to get experienced assistance from a professional Los Angeles water heater repair or replacement technician as soon as you notice an unusual noise or inadequate heating.What to consider:
- Older water heaters may develop leaks, rust, and other problems. Repairing it will only provide temporary relief before another component breaks. So for an older unit that is experiencing problems, you should consider replacing it entirely.
- A leak in your water heater tank requires an immediate replacement. This is necessary to protect your home from flooding.
- For minor issues on a newer system, such as burner failure or circuit breaker issues, it may be the most cost-effective option to simply schedule a water heater repair.
Los Angeles Hot Water Heater Replacement
Whenever repairs are not possible or cost-effective, our technicians provide the highest quality water heater replacement and water heater installation services. As water heaters age, they have to work harder to do their job. By replacing your current water heater or installing a tankless water heater, you are giving yourself a better, more efficient alternative. We offer a range of options from trusted brands to choose from and can work with you to find the right make and model with respect for your needs and budget.How Long Do Hot Water Heaters Last?
- In general, water heaters last between 8 and 12 years.
- Electric water heater units can last a little longer than gas models, up to 10 or 15 years.
Tankless Water Heater Installation
Tankless water heaters allow you to access hot water instantly without the long wait. It can save you time waiting for the water to heat up, money on your bills, and even space. Our company knows how this equipment well and we make sure we offer our customers the best products for their needs.
Reasons to Go Tankless:
- They’re drought friendly – Drought is something that's always on our mind here in Southern California. The scarcity of water in the Golden State has prompted residents to find ways to conserve. Tankless water heaters save water by reducing the amount of water you have to run to heat the water.
- They’re energy efficient – Installing a tankless water heater in your home can save you money (an average of $100 annually). Heating water on-demand instead of continually keeping an entire tank of water hot uses up to 50% less energy than a unit with a tank.
- They free up space – Tankless water heaters are more compact than a standard water heater. They are typically mounted on the wall, freeing up floor space.
Converting a Conventional Water Heater to a Tankless Model
Switching from a conventional water heater with a storage tank to a tankless model can provide numerous benefits, including energy efficiency and space-saving. The time it takes to make the replacement can vary. Typically, when done by a professional, it will only take one day to replace a conventional water heater with a tankless one.
Here's an outline of the process:
- Remove the old unit: Disconnect the power source, drain the tank, and carefully detach the unit from its connections.
- Prepare the new tankless water heater: Read the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Install the new unit: Connect the new heater to the water line, gas, or electric supply, and vent it to the outside.
- Test the new unit: Turn on the power source and run a hot water tap to make sure the unit is working correctly.
Improper installation can lead to water damage, inefficient operation, and even dangerous conditions if venting is not adequately established. Therefore, having a professional plumber complete your conversion to a tankless water heater is critical. A professional can ensure the installation is done safely and correctly, adhering to local building codes and manufacturer instructions.
Moe Plumbing Services can help you plan your tankless water heater conversion. Give us a call any time to discuss your options.
Expert Water Heater Maintenance
Maintaining your water heater can save you the hassle and costs of repairs or completely replacing your tank. If you need water heater maintenance in Los Angeles, Moe Plumbing Services can help you. We usually encourage homeowners take certain steps to make sure their water heater is good, but we remain available if you are unsure how to take the steps or if you just don't want to do it yourself.Some water heater maintenance steps include:
- Checking the pressure relief valve
- Removing sediment build-up by flushing the water heater
- Checking the anode rod
- Insulate the heater
- Adjust the temperature
- Insulate the pipes
When You Need Help, "Just Say Moe!"
Don't hesitate to learn more about our water heater services if you need help in the Los Angeles area. Our team can take the proper steps to provide you with the service you need when you need it most. It is our goal to make customers for life who know they can trust in our company to provide the right solution at the right time.
Contact us today to discuss your Los Angeles water heater repair and installation needs.
Highly rated by customers, our company has been known to provide the best there is in plumbing and HVAC.
Our company believes in providing excellent service at a competitive price that our customers can afford.
Many of our technicians have been with our company for 15-20 years, and are qualified to handle any job.
We stay updated on the best industry practices and use only the most advanced tools and technology.
As a family-owned and oriented business, our technicians are dedicated to serving other families in our community.
A plumbing emergency can arise at any moment, and we offer 24/7 service to fix your problem immediately.