Things to Know About Residential Plumbing Construction
Are you in the process of building your dream home? Perhaps you are a developer looking to build your next great property? No matter what, when it comes to plumbing design and construction, you need the help of a licensed, experienced plumber like ours at H. L. Moe Co., Inc.
We have been helping homeowners, developers, and business owners with expert new construction plumbing services for years. We know what goes into a new construction project, and we have the skill and knowledge to help you design a plumbing system that is functional and beautiful.
We know that embarking on a new build can be overwhelming. Below we’ve provided some helpful information about new construction plumbing.
What to Consider When Planning for Plumbing
Planning is the name of the game when it comes to building a plumbing system for a new home. Everything needs to be planned out in advance and accounted for before you can move forward with construction. Without proper planning, your new plumbing system may not operate correctly or efficiently, leading to frustration and expensive repairs. But where do you begin?
Things to think about when planning for your new plumbing system:
- How will the property be used and by whom?
- What are the needs of the end-user of the property?
- Do you expect to have any special features that may require special plumbing?
- How many bathrooms will your home have, and where will they be located?
- Where will your kitchen be located, and how large will it be?
- What plumbing appliances do you plan on having?
- What are your projected hot water needs?
- What are your outdoor plumbing needs, such as for your landscaping or garage?
- Will your property have an ADU or guest house?
- Will your property have a pool or spa area?
These are just a few things you will need to know and decide on before you can begin planning your plumbing system.
Planning for the Parts of Your System You Can’t See
You will notice that most of the items listed above are related to the appliances and fixtures you will see and utilize daily. It’s important to note that this list doesn’t account for all the aspects of your plumbing system hidden behind your walls and under your floors. Remember, there is so much more to your plumbing system than faucets, sinks, and drains.
Things to consider beyond which plumbing fixtures and appliances you want:
- Where and how does your property connect to your municipal water source?
- What plumbing already exists on the property?
- Is your property on a hillside, or does it have other environmental issues that will impact plumbing installation or drainage?
- Do you have a preference when it comes to piping materials?
- Will your home be on a slab or raised foundation?
- What are your gas line requirements?
- Has the home’s footprint and floor plan been finalized?
As you can see, a lot goes into plumbing design for a new construction project. At H. L. Moe Co., Inc, our plumbers have extensive experience managing plumbing installation for new construction projects. If you are ready to get started on your plumbing design, give us a call. We are here to help you make your dream home a reality.