Are you sick of waking up to cold showers? Are you tired of your water heater leaking, failing to flush out sediment, or just generally working inefficiently? If so, it might be time for a replacement.
At Moe Plumbing Services, we know that buying a new water heater may already feel like a hassle, and you probably don’t want to spend the extra money on installation costs. However, DIY water heater installation is more trouble than it’s worth, and often just ends up costing you even more down the line. On top of the fact that you don’t want to have to pay a technician to fix your mistakes, it’s important to keep in mind that improper water heater installation can be extremely dangerous, and may pose serious risks for yourself and your family. Keep reading for all the reasons why you should have your water heater installed by a professional, and make sure to call our expert plumbers at Moe Plumbing Services for all your future water heater needs.
The Top 5 Reasons to Have Your Water Heater Installed by a Professional:
- Only Professional Plumbers & Technicians Are Trained for Water Heater Installation: When it comes to water heaters, you simply can’t match what a licensed technician or trained plumber can bring to the table. Sure, you can follow the directions and look up tips online, but to get the job done and done right, it’s always better to hire a trained and licensed professional.
- Your Water Heater Can Easily Become Flammable: Many water heaters run on a fuel source such as gas, which is highly flammable. Self-taught, amateur plumbers should avoid water heaters for this reason, as making a mistake during installation can pretty much cause your unit to explode.
- Your Water Heater Can Release Carbon Monoxide: As a byproduct of the combustion process, carbon monoxide is produced by your water heater. If the tank and all the various components are properly installed, this gas will be vented easily, and you will not have to worry about it. However, poor water heater installation can interfere with proper venting. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and extremely poisonous, so if you are replacing your water heater, it’s always safer to hire a professional to protect you from this hazard.
- A Professional Plumber Will Have the Right Tools & Technology for Installation: When it comes to water heater installation and replacement, having the right parts and components makes all the difference. There are so many makes and models of water heaters out there today, from tankless to standard gas units, that it is more important than ever to find a professional who is equipped with all the necessary tools and technology.
- Improper Water Heater Installation Can Reduce Your Property Value: Say you put your water heater in wrong, and although it functions inefficiently, you are able to still use it for a few years. Then when it comes time to sell your house, you find out that your system has not been installed up to code, and you’ve been wasting money for years on a water heater that performs poorly! Avoid this hassle before it’s too late, and call Moe Plumbing Services today.
Don’t let water heater problems affect your home! For water heater installation and replacement from trained professionals, call (818) 396-8002, or click here to send us a message online.