At H.L. Moe Co., Inc, we are all about keeping your energy costs as low as possible. That’s why we offer HVAC system audits to ensure your equipment remains as energy-efficient as it can be. Your AC unit, furnace, or any other piece of HVAC equipment you own does not stay in perfect condition forever, and as these appliances experience wear and tear, you may start to notice your utility bills going up. But it doesn’t have to be this way! With just a few simple adjustments, our skilled HVAC technicians can perform adjustments designed to reduce your energy use and provide equipment options to help keep your heating and cooling expenses low for years to come. Keep reading to learn more about how you can benefit from a home energy audit, and click here to learn how you can save even more through our seasonal maintenance program.
What’s Included in a Home Energy Audit?
- Duct Cleaning: Over the years, your HVAC ducts are bound to accumulate a ton of dust and debris. This can not only affect your indoor air quality, making life difficult for anyone in your household with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory issues, but it will slow down your heating and cooling equipment’s performance as well. By cleaning your ductwork, we can help your system function better, so you can breathe easy knowing your air is clean and your energy costs are low.
- Insulation Check: One key part of maintaining an energy-efficient home that people often forget about is having proper insulation. Like anything else, your insulation experiences wear and tear over the years, though because it is out of sight, it is also often out of mind. This becomes a problem, however, when your insulation suffers from serious water damage, or gets torn up by a rodent infestation. H.L. Moe Co., Inc can check to make sure none of this has happened to your insulation. If we do find that your insulation has been damaged, we may recommend a replacement. This will help to lock in temperatures and prevent air loss, so your HVAC system does not have to work as hard to heat/cool your home. Remember, every year, Americans lose a staggering 20-30% of heating and cooling energy through cracks and holes in their home, so checking that your insulation is in good shape is an important part of mitigating energy loss as much as possible.
- Attic Fans: The attic is a surprisingly important part of your house when it comes to maintaining energy efficiency. That’s where a lot of your insulation is, making it a key area for locking in temperatures and preventing air loss. Installing an attic ventilation fan helps this by pushing out humid, hot air from inside the attic and pulling in cool air from outside. This ensures hot air does not filter into your house and increase the temperature, thereby forcing your air conditioner to work harder. This option may not be right for everybody, but if we find that your home is experiencing a lot of air loss, it may help reduce your overall energy costs.
- Whole-House Fans: A whole-house fan can be an alternative to air conditioning, circulating cool air to create a cool breeze in the summertime that may suffice to keep you comfortable if you live in a more temperate climate. On the other hand, if you live in a warm air climate, a whole-house fan can be used on days where the temperature doesn’t rise to extreme levels. You can also run a whole-house fan before you turn on your air conditioner, helping to draw out heat, so your system doesn’t have to work as hard and your house cools down faster. Either way, a whole-house fan can save you a nice chunk of money on your energy bill. Much like attic fans, they may not be right for everyone, but they can be a great option if you have been looking for a way to make your home more energy-efficient.
- Rebate Assistance: Did you know that you may be able to take advantage of special rebates by upgrading your home’s energy efficiency level? It’s true! And H.L. Moe Co., Inc is here to help you capitalize on as many of those rebates as possible. We’ll inspect your home to see how you can reduce your energy use, and suggest alternatives that are better for the environment and help you save money over time.
Do not hesitate to upgrade your energy efficiency today! Call (818) 396-8002 now to schedule a home energy audit with our comfort experts, or click here to send us a message online.